Last week I entered a food photo contest organised by the bukafinder, i was amongst the final 5 and i am glad i won with a total of 1,709 votes. I still can’t believe it as i didn’t think i will get that many votes and i would like to thank everyone that voted for me. The contest is supposed to run for 4 weeks and winners are picked weekly via the app. Each week a winner gets a gift voucher of their choice and i chose the Asos voucher. I won the week 2 contest and there is still week 4 left if you are interested in taking part. If you would like to enter for a chance to win as well you can click this link http://www.bukafinder.com/apiv3/download
This is the dish i made and i will share with you steps in making it and ingredients i used. I made a classic white rice and fish stew, a simple and very popular Nigerian dish which happens to be one of my all time favourite food. I have always loved this as a child, especially when you throw in a side like fried plantain (dodo). I chose this dish because it is very simple, delicious and very filling.
- White rice (i used Basmati rice for this dish)
- Pour required amount of rice into a bowl, rinse with water and drain.
- Put water into a pot and add the rice ensuring the water just about covers the rice.
- Add some salt just a sprinkle to taste.
- Cook till the water is just about drying up this usually takes 1o minutes roughly for a basmati rice.
- Check that the rice is done. If not, add a tiny bit of water and keep cooking for 1 or 2 minutes more ( it shouldn’t take too long because basmati tends to be soggy if cooked for longer time).
- Check to see if rice is soft and water has dried up completely.
- Once done this is ready to serve.
- Fish (i used red beam fish)
- Habanero chilli pepper
- Red peppers
- Blend red peppers, onions, habanero chilli pepper, tomatoes all together.
- Pour some oil into a pot and heat.
- Once Oil is hot, add all blended ingredients to the hot oil.
- Add fish to the pot and sprinkle some salt and maggi to your taste.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook until the oil begins to form on top of the stew.
- Once oil comes to the top, it is ready to serve.
will you be trying this recipe? what are your favourite food? let me know in the comments below?