How many times do we say “time has really flown by” or “I wish i had more than 24 hours in a day to get things done” well I say it all the time. I have always known and heard about time management but somehow i still end up in that “i need more hours in a day” state and if we are all being honest it keeps happening to most of us far too many times.
Most of us have busy lives with so many to do lists, tasks, errands, work, life, family etc to get through each day and on top of that we have to find time to relax, unwind, socialize and enjoy life which can be a struggle at times. I can certainly say I have been down this road so many times but it got to a point where i had to look for ways to manage my time especially as an entrepreneur running my own business, i knew it was crucial for me to make few changes and manage my time better. Here are some of the things i have tried to help me better manage my time.
- Note down all you do in a day and how much time you spend on each.
- Plan your day before you begin each day instead of just going with the flow. This will help you get more out of your day!
- Assign specific amount of time to important things that has to be done in a day.
- Plan for distractions because it will happen in any form or shape (it always does!)
- You have to be disciplined to actually stick to your important task for the day.
- Cut out the distraction. In my case I had to stop checking my instagram feed, replying/reading every whatsapp group chats as i receive them because it was none stop and i ended up going back and forth practically every 10 minutes just to keep up.
I hope you find any of these tips useful.
Share any tips you use to manage your time as well.